If you are looking to install Netgear ADSL device as your home network, you need to configure your router using ADSL setting. The ADSL settings can be done visiting routerlogin home page. The big part of ADSL settings depends on the information you gather from your Internet Service Provider.
The setup starts by accessing the Netgear Router Login home page using the manual method. You need two Ethernet cables, a modem with an active internet connection, Router and your Computer (any device) to connect Router Login Net.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from Router to Modem to bring your internet into your use.
- Connect another Ethernet cable from your Router to Computer.
- When the setup is established properly and you find the computer is ready with the Internet then approach your browser and type 192.168.1.1.
- It will take you to the Netgear Router Login where you can type the Netgear Router Password. If you never ever set a new password then type ‘admin’ for both columns (Username and Password) and press Enter.
- The Netgear web interface will be displaying on the screen it is a setup wizard. Select the basic settings.
- The first option will appear to detect the Netgear internet connection name by you or by itself. As you are going to connect by yourself click on the NO and go further.
- Next option will appear to select the Internet Connection which you are using. You can select either PPPoE or PPPoA for your Router Device.
- Fill the Static IP address taken from your ISP.
- Go to the main menu and click on the ADSL Settings
- Using the radio button select the multiplexing method
Finally, make sure to save all the settings. If you are getting any problem then restart your device and again access Routerlogin admin page.